Wednesday, September 14, 2011

beauty

I was reading the Daybook this morning & came across her post about the LDS religion & its correlation to style, blogging, design, the world, etc. I began to realize that I've never really discussed religion on my blog. The way I dress, speak, blog, & carry myself all stem from my upbringing in the LDS church. It is such a huge part of my life & I've never really mentioned it. I started to think about what I'm like on a daily basis from someone else's perspective. Do I dress modestly everyday? Do I say kind words to & about others? Am I a happy & positive person? Am I trying my best to be more christlike? All of these questions popped into my head.

On the Daybook, Sydney quoted the 13th article of faith, which says: "If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praise worthy we seek after these things." In our religion we are encouraged to seek after beautiful things in life. Things that are virtuous & lovely. I thought to myself... am I doing that? Am I striving to be a beautiful person spiritually, are my relationships with others virtuous, do I surround myself with good people & in good places???

I made a challenge for myself to let my faith more strongly influence my everyday life. Often it is easy to push aside my priorities because of school, work, & homework. But in a world where families, relationships, morals, & beautiful things are torn down, it is crucial for me to live the gospel more perfectly. So whether you are religious or not, I hope you'll strive to seek the beauty in this life.  


You can read more about it here.

1 comment: