Wednesday, March 30, 2011

insomnia.

Lately I have had the worst time trying to fall asleep & staying asleep at night. It honestly is the most frustrating thing ever! I just lay there, listening to every little creak the house makes. Shoooot meeee. I don't know when I became such a light sleeper, but if I don't I have the room completely dark, zero noise, & the door shut all the way, I'm doomed. When I was younger I could fall asleep anywhere & any time of the day. Now I can't even take a nap longer then 45 minutes. I know that seems substantial, but this is coming from a girl who could sleep for hourssss! For example.... this past weekend in Cali my mom & grandma let me have my own bed, gave me ear plugs (they snored just a bit ;) ha), & I took two Advil PMs every night- guranteed perfect sleep. Ughhh no! I tossed & turned all night- every night!


I'm so sick of feeling sluggish & haggered all day long. So after another horrible sleep last night, I had had it! I did a little reseach today, thanks to google & this is what I found:
  1. Keep a regular sleep schedule. - first problem. I'm all over the place.
  2. Make your room more sleep friendly. - eeek. my room is a disaster right now.
  3. Keep a relaxing bedtime routine. - ughh maybe watching modern family & facebooking right before I sleep isn't a good idea.
  4. Eat right & exercise regularly. - Kay this one I do. But I have heard exercising right before you go to bed can keep you up at night. After work is my only time tho people!
  5. Get anxiety & stress in check. - Yes I admit I'm a stress case at times, but overall I'm fine. I just need to learn to turn my brain off at night.
  6. Get out of your head. - this one refers to waking up in the middle of the night. Don't stress that you're awake, just relax!
  7. Make relaxation your goal, not sleep. - ughh I try.
I'm going to give these a try. Wish me luck.
Any tips on how you fall asleep??

1 comment:

  1. so...I had troubles sleeping for years too. and then I got a rotating fan and it seriously is the key to me falling asleep now. try it maybe. the rhythmic sound and movement of it helps a ton

    ReplyDelete